Marketing and Reserch Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Marketing & Research Manager will be responsible for own company’s implementation of the approved marketing strategies. The role includes, in liaison with Haggar Sudan (HS) Marketing Department, planning and monitoring of all Marketing activities including but not limited to, advertising, events, launch campaign, digital marketing and marketing development.
Marketing Manager will work with the General Manager, to ensure periodical monitoring and assessment of all marketing activities is taking place, and collectively provide management with sufficient and accurate data to allow for periodical review / alignment of marketing plans & budgets to match market intelligence findings and sales & marketing developments requirement, in order to ensure effective marketing expenditure within different channels, that generates demand and build the pull of brands.
The Marketing & Research Manager will also aim to improve customer experience touch points to increase brand loyalty and enhance top of mind awareness, whilst strengthening CEC’s Brand Equity and Image.
The post holder will be required to work with the business owned / part owned by HS to map and analyze businesses requirements and offer guidance and advice on how those requirements can be best met by the CRM system, sales data, marketing research and marketing communication planning and implementation etc..
The Marketing & Research Manager will be charged with assisting the business unit and Group with the day to day execution of sales, marketing, and customer service initiatives. The workload will be a combination of projects (Marketing programs, Branding and brand management, marketing development ,media planning, Marketing Research, Retail Audit, CRM, Marketing Campaigns, etc…) coupled with execution and measuring effectiveness of marketing of Marketing Spend – (% Achievement of Target Incremental Sales vs % Marketing Spend )
The job requires an ambitious, hardworking, eager to learn, self-starting individuals that can make his / her mark in the Group. This position will require communication and interpersonal skills and an aptitude for heightened attention to detail, as the position will be highly visible and will require the candidate to multi-task on a regular basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle, and Coordinate with GMM, the implementation of marketing communication plans and ensure timely delivery of effective marketing campaigns
- Monitor and Strengthening Brand Equity & reinforcement, and revitalization of all company’s brands, across all streams, in keeping with the Company’s brand book and guidelines, and secure GMM approvals for the same wherever required.
- Travel to up country to asses and implement marketing campaigns and researches, as well as to determine branding requirements and conduct audit.
- Handle coordination and communication, of company’s activities, with the selected advertising agency.
- Develop Marketing initiatives & development, i.e. Create new markets (unbudgeted)
- To handle the requisition and delivery of advertising and promotional material in accordance with the general program, the calendar of special events, and the special requirements of the Commercial Department
- To effectively manage and plan the Social Media results to be projected on performance- Growing rate higher than local peer group (all companies & CEC)
- Ensure Company website is constantly up to date.
- Coordinate the development of adequate advertising, and sales promotion programs to support sales target achievement.
- Monitor the Effectiveness of Marketing Spend – (% Achievement of target Incremental Sales vs % Marketing Spend )
- Develop strong working relationships with different stakeholders to ensure that marketing plans and objectives are achieved as planned.
- To represent the CEC Marketing Section in a professional and positive manner with both internal and external stakeholders and in doing so reflect the values of the Company
- Remain up to date and informed of the Company products, customers, distributors and competitors’ products and developments.
- Evaluate and measure brand parameters and the effectiveness of Marketing activities including, but not limited to, advertising, events, launch campaigns, sales promotions,…etc,
- Monitor & Issue periodically all marketing reports; Budget vs. Spent, Marcom Matrix , CS, BA and MS reports , and any other reports requested by GM or GMM.
- Assess and implement customer experience touch points to improve brand loyalty and enhance top of mind awareness
- Work with IT, Sales Mangers, and CRM team to ensure the call center system is best utilized to derive information necessary to enhance marketing strategies formulation, implementation and assessment.
- Support inclusively every aspect of marketing team.
- To perform any other duty as required by General Manager related to, but not limited to, business functions and new opportunities in Sudan and regionally.
- To perform any other duty as required by GMM related to, but not limited to, business functions and new opportunities in Sudan and regionally.
- Authority: stop any unsafe acts or conditions/issues or operations/processes
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ensures all data and reports (daily, weekly, monthly sales reports, market info, etc…) are timely available and accurate
Qualifications and Experience needed
- Marketing / Business Management Graduate from a reputed University.
- Having worked in an active Marketing industry for at least 5 years
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles, branding, , CRM, Marketing Research
|Functional competencies||Behavioral competencies|
|Market knowledge :Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, and customer service skills||1. TeamworkThe ability to work collaboratively and support others as part of a team, in a respectful and professional manner in order to achieve a common goal|
Numerical:Familiarity and experience with survey and research tools, analytical, and Interpretative Skills.
|2. CommunicationThe ability to convey clear, concise and easy to follow messages, verbally or in writing to different audiences and to actively listen to the responses|
Creativity:Must have great creative energy and ability to generate new productive ideas.
Problem solving & Excellent attention to details
|3. Integrity & EthicsThe ability to behave in an honest and trustworthy manner in all business dealings, displaying moral character and full adherence to Haggar’s values|
|Computer literacy:Excellent knowledge (word, Excel and power point).||4. Ownership & AccountabilityThe ability to work with a high sense of responsibility; the passion to achieve desired outcomes and deliver results at a superior level|
|Language communication :Proficient level in communicating in both English and Arabic||5. Creativity & InnovationThe ability to think outside the box and develop imaginative ideas to generate unique and valuable solutions to problems that drive new and improved ways of working|
|6. Flexibility & AdaptabilityThe ability to positively adjust the behavior and working style to business priorities, changing work conditions, unexpected challenges and/or opportunities|